Romantic & Sexual Orientation
Funny word, that one.
Romantic attraction is something I still struggle to explain to people, but in short, it’s a matter of who a person has romantic (emotional) feelings for, and it has absolutely nothing to do with sex.
- Aromantic: No romantic attraction
- Demiromantic: Sometimes experiences romantic attraction, depends on bond with partner, partner’s gender may or may not matter.
- Panromantic: Experiences romantic attraction with anyone regardless of gender.
- Biromantic: Experiences romantic attraction with males and females.
- Homoromantic: Experiences romantic attraction with partners of the same gender.
- Heteroromantic: Experiences romantic attraction with partners of opposite gender.
Sexual attraction is easier to explain, but it’s no less complex. Romantic attraction has nothing to do with sexual attraction.